Thursday, December 11, 2008

Crochet A Cape & Skirt Set

Also in that first issue of Good Housekeeping Needlecraft magazine (Fall-Winter, 1968-1969), this crocheted cape and skirt set.



What I love about this set is that it's a lovely bridge between the New Look fashions and mod swinging styles. It's classic and rather iconic vintage without looking "frumpy" or "too futuristic" -- everything a vintage fashion ensemble (and wardrobe building pieces) should be.

Below are the instructions for this pretty set, made with the afghan stitch. (As always, click the images for larger, easier-to-read scans.)


2 comments:

Beth said...

Hi: I went ahead and sent the pattern to several of my friends and then I happened to notice that the pattern wasn't complete. Do you have the rest of it?

Thanks

Beth

Deanna Dahlsad said...

Hi Beth,

It is complete -- there's just part of another set of instructions there (last scan, second column, "blue suit" instructions" should be ignored). I just double-checked with the magazine to be absolutely certain.

I should have cropped that out; I meant to but forgot.

Sorry for the confusion. :(

But come on back now, y'all!

Things Your Grandmother Knew © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*