Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Vintage Felt Elephant Bookmark

I'm posting this in honor of Alan, the Bookmark Collector. Not only is he a cool collector who links to many of my columns at Collectors' Quest, but his recent post directed me to this neat bookmark design contest which benefits children's literacy. This contest is inspired by Funk and Weber's Needle and Thread: Stitching for Literacy program -- and what can be better than crafting & reading? (I guess it would be inspiring kids to craft & read!)

You cannot use this vintage elephant bookmark to win any design contest (it comes from The Workbasket, April 1952), but you can make as many as you'd like and donate them, give them to children you know -- or help children make them for other children and reading programs.

1 comments:

Wenonah4th said...

I love that! Elephants are our theme for our baby-on-the-way, so there may need to be one of those for him/her eventually.

Things Your Grandmother Knew © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*